Bike Fitting Cornwall
- Kernow Physio is one of the best bike fitting services in the South West of England. Scott was lucky enough to spend time as a Physiotherapist right at the pinnacle of professional cycling for Team Garmin. It was here that he gained interest into bike fitting. Scott also has a real passion for cycling and competes at the highest level (when he is fit) in the Country. He is very proud to call himself a professional cycling analyst. Customer satisfaction is paramount. For the 3 hours, you are the focus of attention.
- We fit your bike to you, and treat every client professionally. It doesn’t matter whether Tom Boonen comes in the door, or Dave from up the road, we treat every client the same no matter what their level of cycling. The ultimate goal is to make the rider faster, more economical, and get the most out of the Cornish roads to allow the rider to have more fun whether it be on a club ride, a sportive, local time trial, or a National road race.
- Previously qualifying from Cycle-Fit, he has been trained by the very best. Cycle-Fit recently obtained contracts to fit team Radioshack Leopard Trek. Head analysts Julian Wall and Philip Cavell are considered the best in the World for analyzing cycling biomechanics, which is why Julian is Fabian Cancellara’s chief analyst. At Kernow Physio we provide the very best money can buy in the South West. Whether you purchase a top of the range bike, or ride your trusty vintage steed, a bike fit is an absolute necessity. Receiving the fit prevents injury, maximizes economical bike riding, and makes cycling much more fun and enjoyable.
Process of the fit:
- Pre fit questionnaire: This is carried out by the client prior to the fit process and outlines any key issues or previous injuries which the bike fitter needs to know about.
- Full Physiotherapy assessment: This is a key asset to Kernow Physio as one of the most important aspects of a bike fit is understanding how the client moves. And experienced Physiotherapy knowledge certainly helps this. Kernow Physio is one of the few bike fitting companies to be run by a fully chartered Physiotherapist. Key assessment areas include flexibility, true leg length discrepancy, restriction of hip, knee and ankle movement, and a footbed assessment if required.
- Following the Physio assessment, a rough guideline position is achieved. The rider then hops on to their bike and static measurements are made using goniometers, plumb bobs, and spirit levels. However we take this process further as when the rider moves, things can change.
- Dartfish video analysis: Dartfish is an in depth piece of software that utilizes HD cameras to record dynamic movements on the bike. Ultimately, no stones are left un-turned. If it’s good enough for Team Sky and British Cycling, then it’s good enough for us.
- Spinscan analysis: Once the fit is complete, we teach you how to ride a bike. It’s not just about turning the pedals. Knowing where you are losing power which slows you down is the key. This final process allows the client to leave the clinic and work on re-educating their body to work more economically. You will be astounded at how much “free speed” you can obtain.
- Follow up assessment: Free. A bike fit evolves. During the first visit you will receive areas to work on. So future changes can be made to improve aerodynamics without impacting on producing power. When this has been achieved, feel free to give us a call and we can re-assess your position free of charge.
Full 3 hour fit: £140
Included: Physio assessment, cleat adjustments, dartfish analysis, spinscan analysis, S&C programme, pre and post fit on spreadsheet with CD containing video analysis. This includes road bikes or time trial bikes.
2 hour fit: £100
Included: Physio assessment, cleat adjustments, static measurements. S&C programme and post fit on spreadsheet.
Follow up appointments and adjustments: Free of charge. If required, we can then set up your training bike if you own more than one bike for an additional £35.
During the fitting process the rider may be required to purchase a saddle, new bars, or E-Soles foot orthotics.